Call for Applications: Philippine Commission on Women – National GAD Resource Pool Batch 9
BECOME A NATIONAL GAD RESOURCE POOL MEMBER
The Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) is now accepting applicants for the 9th Batch of the National GAD Resource Pool.
The National Gender and Development Resource Pool (NGRP) is a community of practice among GAD advocates and experts who share a common passion for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls. As PCW’s partner in the provision of GAD-related technical assistance, members of the NGRP are leveled off on core GAD messages and certified on their expertise to deliver GAD-related modules to respond to the capacity development needs of requesting clients from national government agencies (NGAs), local government units (LGUs), and state universities and colleges (SUCs).
The National GAD Resource Pool members are expected to abide by PCW’s protocols and guidelines and comply with reporting, assessment, and evaluation requirements.
ADVANTAGES OF BEING A PCW CERTIFIED GAD RESOURCE POOL MEMBER
PCW offers a package of support that highlights the benefits and advantages of being certified members, such as:
- Priority referrals from PCW for technical assistance (TA) requests from NGAs and LGUs. PCW prioritizes the referral of TA requests from NGAs and LGUs to certified NGRP members. Agencies are advised by PCW to charge the professional fees of certified GR Pool members engaged as GAD TA providers to the requesting agencies’ GAD funds.
- Promotion on the PCW website and in GAD-related events. PCW actively promotes the expertise and services of certified GR Pool members on the PCW website, publications, and other similar media promotion efforts, as well as during the conduct of training, technical advising sessions, and advocacy activities.
- Opportunities for continually upgrading and updating of skills on GAD TA provision. PCW organizes learning sessions at least once a year to ensure that certified GR Pool members are updated and leveled off on GAD core messages and recent GAD tools, guidelines, and policies.
- Access to the latest GAD-related materials, updates, and information. PCW shares printed and digital copies of GAD-related materials, training modules, and policy issuances to certified GR Pool members as references in the preparation and delivery of GAD-related TA.
- Referrals for or information about scholarship. Certified GR Pool members are informed of opportunities and referrals on GAD-related scholarships shared with PCW.
QUALIFICATIONS OF A NATIONAL GAD RESOURCE POOL MEMBER
Prospective GR Pool members should have met the required qualifications to be eligible for certification. Interested GAD practitioners and sectoral GAD experts or trainers coming from NGAs, LGUs, Academe, CSOs, and private institutions may apply.Application for membership is assessed according to the following qualifications:
- Proven track record as a GAD practitioner. An applicant must demonstrate a high level of proficiency and performance as a resource person on different GAD-related topics, e.g., Gender Sensitivity Training, Gender Analysis and GA Tools, GAD Planning and Budgeting. Has served as GAD technical adviser/expert, facilitator, module writer, or researcher for most of their professional careers.
- Sectoral expertise and geographical location. Aside from general competency in gender and development mainstreaming, a preferred qualification for an applicant is sectoral/thematic expertise or ability to mainstream GAD in sectors or thematic areas such as agriculture, infrastructure development, energy, disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM), science and technology, health, environment, etc. Premium is also given to areas or locations with a limited number of certified GR Pool members.
- Availability to handle GAD TA requests. A GR Pool member should be willing and committed to take on TA referrals from PCW as part of their duties and responsibilities, as outlined in the Partnership Agreement to be signed between PCW and the GR Pool member.
- Availability to attend leveling sessions & other capacity development activities. A GR Pool member is expected to prioritize and give time for their participation in leveling and deepening sessions, GR Pool Assemblies, and other PCW-led activities.
- Compliance with requirements for renewal/re-certification for existing members. A member of the National GR Pool may be re-certified based on her/his record of compliance with the set requirements, such as submission of training synthesis and evaluation reports of GAD TAs handled or served and participation in capacity development sessions and other PCW-initiated activities.
The PCW-Technical Services and Regional Coordination Division (TSRCD), the unit in charge of implementing the National GAD Resource Program, will review, process, and make an initial assessment of the submitted applications based on the criteria and rubrics set for qualified/shortlisted applicants.
TIMELINE OF THE NGRP BATCH 9 CERTIFICATION PROCESS
|January 20, 2023||Posting of Call for Applications|
|March 3, 2023||Deadline of submission of applications|
|March to April 2023||Review of Application Documents|
|1st week of May||Preparation of Profiling Report|
|1st week of July||Announcement of shortlisted applicants|
|25 – 27 October 2023||Conduct of leveling session|
|1st semester of 2024||Conduct of Return Demonstration|
Preparation of Final Assessment results and endorsement to the PCW Management Committee
|2nd semester of 2024||Signing of Partnership Agreement and Ceremonial Certification|
For inquiries or clarifications regarding the Profiling of GAD Resource Pool Batch 9, interested applicants may coordinate with the Technical Services and Regional Coordination Division at the following contact information (+632) 8243-1131 or 8735-4767 loc. 110 or 0917-845-4471 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org attention Ms. Colleen Marhey R. Lacuesta, Ms. Solene Lafaut, and Ms. Gillian M. Cortez.